Jeep WK Double Cardan Rear Drive Shaft
The double cardan shaft is what you need if your Jeep Grand Cherokee WK is lifted and you are having rear drive shaft vibrations as a result.
The 2005-2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee came with a poorly designed stock rear drive shaft. The large diameter aluminum shaft is vulnerable to rock damage. The plastic boot is easy to tear. Worst of all, the non-greaseable universal joints are not replaceable, someone had the great idea to permanently stake them into the shaft. The only way to replace the joint is to replace the entire shaft. Ours is different, ours is made from steel. The Tom Wood's WK rear drive shaft comes with joints that are not only greaseable but are also replaceable.
Key product features
- Double cardan design for smooth operation on lifted Jeeps.
- 2.5" diameter 0.083" wall USA made DOM steel tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints. All joints are replaceable and held in place with retaining clips.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep WK rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. Just measure the length of the stock shaft as shown in the photo above. It is important that you measure this with the stock shaft still installed in the jeep.
If your Jeep is is not lifted at all or if it is not lifted more than 2-3 inches you do not need a double cardan shaft. Instead you should consider our conventional rear drive shaft.
Received my driveshaft and inspected it. It was very nicely built. Bolted in no problem. Took away the weird whirring noise I was having on deceleration thank goodness. Still have vibrations on acceleration but that sounds common with the Jeep Commander 4 inch superlift. Thank you Woods peeps! P.S. can I get a bunch more of those stickers? :).
Big thanks to the team at Tom Woods, Received my double Cardan rear driveshaft and I am very happy with the quality and easy installation. I will be making a purchase to replace the front soon. I highly recommend this product.
Once again big thanks from Canada