JK Front Drive Shaft, 1310 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa type CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly referred to as a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1310 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and will bolt directly to your stock pinion flange.
Key product features
- Double Cardan drive shaft design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this yoke which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new bolts for the double cardan with reduced heads for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
IMPORTANT If you have 37” tires or bigger and stock differential gears, see our 1350 series JK drive shaft.
man, this thing was easy to install. Great instructions. And it looks so pretty!!! As far as functionality, so smooth, noticeably a million times better! Great product, will recommend and will be buying my rear shaft from here!!!
Easy install since my shop did it for $95. Looks great. No driveline vibrations. Glad I did not skimp out and buy the cheaper RC. Delivery was fast and smooth. Thanks TW for the all the swag. Can't wait to take them Off road.
Customer Service 100% A+, Drive Shaft Quality 100% A+, Tom Woods Drive Shafts took the time to answer of my questions through several emails to ensure I was going to order the correct driveshaft for my application. Quick shipping and super easy installation, came with everything needed to install. I love how serviceable the drive shaft is and it's perfectly balanced.
Easy and simple installation with a sturdy feel. Great product!
Correct fitment and robust construction. Excellent service as well. Highly recommend.