JK Front Drive Shaft, 1310 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa type CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly referred to as a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1310 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and will bolt directly to your stock pinion flange. If you don't have stock flanges at both the transfer case and axle currently this shaft may not work and you should call us for more information.
Key product features
- Double Cardan drive shaft design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this yoke which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new bolts for the double cardan with reduced heads for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
IMPORTANT: Look at the chart in the product photos to make sure the 1310 series is right for you.
Purchased for my 2008 Jeep Jk. The original drive shaft finally gave out after installing a 3” lift. If your Jeep is making a clicking or clunk sound when in 4WD definitely recommend installing a Tom Woods drive shaft. I measured the original drive shaft and sent it over with my order. It took 6 days after ordering to get to me in Alaska which is very quick considering the distance. It was an exact fit and I have no noise coming from my driveline. The craftsmanship and quality of the piece is top notch. I will definitely be ordering another one to replace my rear shaft.
Great driveshaft. Shawn Woods is top notch and very knowledgeable. In my opinion it's the best driveshaft in the world. Very affordable for the quality you get. Can't wait to install the rear.
What a great experience dealing with Tom Wood's! Not only is the shaft a great upgrade, but they make sure you have every detail to do a smooth install, and any question I had, the information was there. Excellent, thanks!
Purchased this for my 2014 jku Rubicon, install was easy and driveline is smooth at high speed. Great quality and no complaints so far.
When i purchased my 42k mile rubicon the front driveshaft made a clicking noise. The jeep was lifted with stock shafts. Did a little research and found tom woods. Took my measurement and ordered. It showed up in about 3 days and installed easily. What a quality outfit and amazing craftsmanship. Noise gone! Thank you Tom woods and company!