JK Front Drive Shaft, 1310 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa type CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly referred to as a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1310 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and will bolt directly to your stock pinion flange. If you don't have stock flanges at both the transfer case and axle currently this shaft may not work and you should call us for more information.
Key product features
- Double Cardan drive shaft design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this yoke which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new bolts for the double cardan with reduced heads for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
IMPORTANT: Look at the chart in the product photos to make sure the 1310 series is right for you.
I bought front and rear driveshafts for my 2015 JK Rubicon just in time to use and try them out on the Dusy Ershim trail by far one of the toughest trails in CA. They worked faultlessly; you always get what you pay for. I am thankful for the quality of these units. I would buy these driveshafts again, Thank you T. Woods
I ordered my new front drive shaft on a Friday morning and it arrived the next Tuesday. It was very well packaged and it came with clear instructions and installed even easier. I've been running it for about two weeks now and I'm loving it. It's definitely worth the money for the piece of mind knowing my drive shaft isn't going to leave me stranded out on the trail.
No sé si sólo yo que e escrito un reseña
Bueno el cardan de tom dood's 1310 delantero para mi jeep wrangler JK es el mejor ya está probado y me gustó puro calidad el producto y te manden a la medida correcto ya me convencieron ya pronto compraré el cardan trasero
Gracias por confiar en tom dood's
Easy install and a perfect fit. Money well spent on great value.
I ordered this driveshaft to replace my OEM one with a torn CV Boot. Installation was easy and straightforward with the correct tools. The shaft has been performing up to expectations. Added bonus: Only took 4 days to arrive!
Afterthought: Insure that the grease fittings are full of grease. I made an incorrect assumption that they were based on grease residue found upon installation. However, my slip joint fitting took multiple pumps of grease (However, this could be on me).