CJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
1310 series rear drive shaft for Jeep CJ. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a CV compatible yoke for transfer case and may require axle shims. This shaft is built using 1310 series joints which is the standard size for a CJ, if you have a non-stock transfer case, axle, or something else that may affect yoke/joint size it is a good idea to double check the size of your joints. A 1310 series joint is approximately 3 1/4 wide from end of cap to end of cap.
Key product features
- 2" diameter .120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- 1310 series joints.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Your choice of spline and slip yoke options, more on that here.
- Comes with special reduced head CV bolts for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep CJ lengths drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why require a length measurement before building your shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
Shafts less than 16" must be built using the S spline. Shafts less than 14.375" will require special modifications and must be ordered over the phone.
Quality product exactly what you hope for.
The driveshaft seems to be great quality but it took 10 days from the day it shipped so if you order one and need it in a hurry I recommend expidited shipping.
Fast shipping, driveshaft looks awesome!
1983 CJ7, spun my driveshaft and knew it was time for a Tom Woods. Had the drive shaft just over a few days after ordering. Got the yoke to match my transfer case, everything lined up perfectly! It’s beefy and beautiful. Necessary upgrade and glad I did it!
I've ordered a couple drive shafts over the years and never had a problem. Great craftsmanship and service !