Jeep JL Rear Drive Shaft
Jeep JL drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JL Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Just a few inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JL drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JL drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). This shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1350 series JL rear shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and the required pinion yoke. Please select whether you have the 35 or 44 rear end.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 3" diameter 0.083" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case flange and pinion yoke. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with these necessary parts which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with all required attaching hardware.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep JL rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
Easy install on 2019 JLUR. Great customer service in confirming an install question. Will be tested on the 'Con in 2 weeks, but added confidence we won't be having any rear driveshaft issues! Front is next...