TJ Front Drive Shaft
Front drive shaft for Jeep TJ or LJ. Does not fit Rubicon model.
TJ front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any TJ that is still running a stock drive shaft. TJ stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and 14+ years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's TJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- 1310 series joints.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Your choice of spline and slip yoke options, more about that here.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep TJ front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
I should have ordered a Tom Wood's driveshaft for my TJ first off. Wasted time and money dealing with Virginia Driveline as their driveshaft wasn't balanced even after a complete rebuild and tube. Now 80mph isn't rattling my teeth!
I had originally submitted the wrong size and called and they updated my order and sent it out with the correct drive shaft. These driveshafts are rock solid and the service is outstanding.
As usual, Tom Woods DS lived up to its expectations again. The best part I think is the customer service, quick to answer emails and to pick up the phone when called.
Driveshaft is awesome built right I broke it on a trail and when I called for the warranty the day I called it expired that day and they told me they can't do anything about it buy an new one or send it to them and pay tho have it fixed I have been with out a front driveshaft for a yr I and going to rebuild the one I have
Arrived quickly, fitment was perfect!