TJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep TJ or LJ. Does not fit Rubicon model. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator. May also require adjustable control arms to run smoothly.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep TJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT: If your length, with the slip yoke eliminator installed, is less than 16 1/2" you must select the S Spline option.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Installed in minutes with my new SYE
Highly recommend this product and super fast production and shipping
I installed the driveshaft with an advanced adapters sye and it works perfect. Absolutely no driveline vibrations. I would recommend a hundred times over.
Completely eliminated the drive line vibration after we installed the lift and slip yoke eliminator. We have not had a chance to test it off road yet but I expect it to perform very well. Easy to install and team at Tom Wood's was very helpful.
I had a couple questions for Tom Woods. Shawn got back to me within a few hours and went out of his way to provide me with material and advice to help me get the driveshaft I needed. After ordering, I had written in about a question I had for them. A technician was on the phone with me that day ready to help me out!
The driveshaft bolted in on in a matter of minutes, and now when I shift into gear, there is no vibration from the driveshaft! Very pleased with their product and most of all, their stellar service. Definitely will recommend them and be a repeat customer, that is for sure!
I was surprised with how quick this shipped given that it's cut to length. Very impressive turnaround on a custom product. Pre-order questions were quickly answered with a quick phone call as the person I talked to was knowledgeable about the products. After installing the Jeep rides smooth, no driveline vibrations.