TJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep TJ or LJ. Does not fit Rubicon model. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep TJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT: If your length, with the slip yoke eliminator installed, is less than 16 1/2" you must select the S Spline option.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
after my ls swap in my jeep and new sye i needed a custom driveshaft. I ordered it on Monday and received it on Friday. It bolted right in with no problems, set pinion angle and hit the road. Been smiling ever since.
Excellent driveshaft, excellent customer service. There's a reason Tom Woods has a reputation and my experience confirmed it.
Tom Woods not only has the best quality driveshafts around but also the best customer service and support. I had to call them a couple times to ask some technical questions and they spent so much time with me answering everything I wanted to know. They never once made me feel like I was wasting their time. The shipping and lead time was also incredibly fast. I ordered my driveshaft on Monday, shipped on Tuesday and in my hands on Thursday. I don’t normally write reviews but these guys are so awesome they deserve it. Thanks!
Both times i called i got courteous and knowledgable service.driveshaft showed up at my doorstep within days even with the covid19 disruptions.
It and the sye totally cured the vibrations from my lifted tj.
Great product. It fit perfectly and delivery was fast.