TJ Rubicon Front Drive Shaft
Front drive shaft for Jeep TJ or LJ Rubicon. Only fits Rubicon model.
TJ Rubicon front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any TJ Rubion that is still running a stock drive shaft. TJ Rubicon stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and 14+ years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's TJ Rubicon drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Ordered as a replacement on my Rubicon. Ordered average length and it fit perfect. My CV portion on my stock shaft was worn out and it was easier to order a new full strength unit from Tom Woods rather than try to piecemeal the stock unit back together. Fit perfect, runs smooth.
I can't believe how much tighter everything feels and this isn't my 1st new drive shaft. When it's time I'm getting my rear here too. Very pleased, high quality and amazing performance!
I now have both front and rear Tom Woods driveshafts in my Jeep TJ. These are high quality shafts and I highly recommend them. Now that I have a double c rear shaft the lift can't be far behind! Thanks for the great service as well, answered all my questions promptly.
Great product, great shipping, great packing of the product and of coarse great stickers. Jeep is happy and I’m happy!
I need to replace my front driveshaft on my 2003 to rubicon I poked around on line and asked various people about driveshafts and where I should get one they kept telling me about tom woods and man were they right very knowledgeable and great Quality and they are not kidding when they said ship out 1 day it took longer to get to me than them building it I installed it and wow I am very impressed so impressed that I am going to get a rear one for my tj the customer service, knowledgeable staff and the ability to know what u need is very spot on great service and keep up the great work.