TJ Rubicon CV Rear Drive Shaft
Rear drive shaft for Jeep TJ or LJ. Only fits Rubicon model.
TJ Rubicon rear drive shaft vibrations are virtually guaranteed on any TJ Rubicon with 2" of lift or more. Because these shafts are so short, every 1" of lift adds nearly 4° of angle to the drive shaft! All that added angle will cause Rubicon stock rear drive shafts to shudder and vibrate. The solution is to run a double cardan (also know as a CV) drive shaft. This will smooth out the power flow by splitting the angle between multiple joints. In order for this type of shaft to work correctly however, you may need to adjust the angle of your rear pinion using adjustable control arms. Click the link below for more details about proper pinion angle.
Key product features
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Attaches to transfer case using a steel socket flange, strongest on the market.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
- Standard wheelbase TJ Rubicons come with the S spline. Long wheelbase LJ Rubicons have the option of the longer X spline.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to install the drive shaft.
Looks great. I was having trouble getting correct u joints at parts store but these guys know what fits. Plus it’s an upgrade from oem.
Love it! After a three inch lift I had some vibration.I measured according to the directions on the web site and placed an order, It was here a few days later. Installed as directed and no more vibration. This is my second Tom Woods shaft and I have no complaints, very strong and great quality.
Perfect product, fast shipping. I made a change after I placed the order, they seamlessly took care of it, and didn’t delay the order. My vibration is gone, and I couldn’t be happier!
Got to the point in my 8”rear tj stretch where it was time to order a driveshaft.being that it is COVID time and 8” stretches on tjs aren’t as common as 5” stretches I figured I’d be waiting a week which is understandable.however 2 days went by and I got a package on my doorstep.driveshaft fit perfectly and was exactly what I needed.thanks for being a real American stand up company.
Fast shipping, perfect fit, no surprises.