CJ Rear Drive Shaft with Flange at Transfer Case
This shaft is specifically for old CJs and Willys Jeeps that use a brake drum and flat flange output on the rear of the transfer case. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft may require axle shims. This shaft is built using 1310 series joints which is the standard size for a CJ, if you have a non-stock transfer case, axle, or something else that may affect yoke/joint size it is a good idea to double check the size of your joints. A 1310 series joint is approximately 3 1/4 wide from end of cap to end of cap.
Key product features
- 2" diameter .120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Your choice of spline and slip yoke options, more on that here.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why require a length measurement before building your shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. Scroll through the photos on this page for an example on how to measure.
Shafts less than 17.5" must be built using the S spline. Shafts less than 16" will require special modifications and must be ordered over the phone.
The quality is fantastic and it fit like a glove!