CJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep CJ. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a CV compatible yoke for transfer case (26ZCV-131) or (10ZCV-131), and may require axle shims (SHIMS).
Key product features
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with special reduced head CV bolts for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep CJ lengths drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why require a length measurement before building your shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
Shafts less than 16" must be built using the S spline. Shafts less than 14.375" will require special modifications and must be ordered over the phone.
Perfect install. Will be ordering a new front shaft here soon. The vibration sound is completely gone. My 73 CJ5 jeep drives perfectly quiet now. Thank You.
Worked perfectly for my application on my vintage cj7
I bought this jeep already lifted. We had everything from the engine to the transfer-case refurbished. There was issues with transmission rollover, Clutch vibration as well as driving vibration. This rear CV shaft fixed it all.
Very helpful staff and simple ordering process. Delivery was fast the finished product was fantastic. Much more durable than stock and the driveline has no vibration. Very well done!!!!!
Have gotten a few shafts from Tom's in the past for other projects, and they are always consistent with the high level of quality, craftsmanship, and most importantly, DURABILITY! I don't know how many times I've been in the rocks, grinding away, and the shafts these folks make just won't give up. Excellent, excellent pieces.