CJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
1310 series rear drive shaft for Jeep CJ. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a CV compatible yoke for transfer case and may require axle shims. This shaft is built using 1310 series joints which is the standard size for a CJ, if you have a non-stock transfer case, axle, or something else that may affect yoke/joint size it is a good idea to double check the size of your joints. A 1310 series joint is approximately 3 1/4 wide from end of cap to end of cap.
Key product features
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with special reduced head CV bolts for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep CJ lengths drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why require a length measurement before building your shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
Shafts less than 16" must be built using the S spline. Shafts less than 14.375" will require special modifications and must be ordered over the phone.
Had front for few years. Did more modifications to Jeep and all that was left was needed rear driveshaft. Measured, ordered, few days later installed. On the road
Great quality and customer service. Order was shipped next day. Eliminated vibrations in my 1979 CJ7 after installing 4” lift.
The drive shaft is very well built. It corrected the drive line angle that was causing a vibration from adding a 2.5” lift. My CJ is running great again.
79 CJ7 4” lift and had a nasty vibration above 45mph. This unit did the trick! Just followed the simple instructions on the website and provided the feedback with the order. Fast shipping and everything I needed was in the box when it arrived! The unit is built well, larger than OEM replacements.
Outstanding technical support before even making a purchase.
Had the custom driveshaft at my door step less than week from ordering!