ZJ or WJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for either the Jeep ZJ or WJ Grand Cherokee. Double cardan type shaft, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2.5" diameter 0.083" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep Grand Cherokee rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT You must also measure the joint size where the shaft attaches to the rear axle. There are two possible joint sizes. Select the size that fits your yoke.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Tom woods is the leader in custom drive shafts. I was quoted $1000 at my local shop to build me a new drive shaft and Tom woods did it for less than half that. Wow!
Wow! The customer service was amazing. The videos were very helpful. The drive shaft is extremely well built and fit perfectly.
Incredible difference after I installed this drive shaft on my zj. No more vibration issues. Customer service was so much help. Would recommend this driveline for anyone with a lifted Jeep
Good Stuff!! Slapped on and handled everything good.
Exactly what I needed and the order came exceptionally quick!