Jeep Comanche (MJ) Front Drive Shaft
MJ front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any MJ that is still running a stock drive shaft. MJ stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and 30+ years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's Comanche drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- 1310 series joints.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Your choice of spline and slip yoke options, more about that here.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep MJ front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. Scroll through the photos on this page for photos showing how to measure.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.