CJ Front Drive Shaft, Manual Transmission
Front drive shaft for Jeep CJ with manual transmission. Shaft is built using 2" diameter DOM tube for maximum strength. The 2" tube is much stronger than the light duty 1.25" diameter tubing that the stock shafts used. Unless you have some sort of clearance issue, there is no reason not to upgrade to a stronger 2" tube.
Shaft is not to be used with shackle reversal spring setups. If you have a shackle reversal, call us.
CJ front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any CJ that is still running a stock drive shaft. CJ stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and decades of wear and tear and the result could be a badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's CJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep CJ front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
perfect fit best shaft I have ever used
This driveline is twice as husky as the stock unit at half the price. It fit perfectly, arrived much sooner than expected and my only issue is that it was packaged so well it took me longer to unpack it than it did to install it.
Don’t even shop, just order one, you can’t go wrong.
This front shaft is well made, heavy duty, great looking, and a perfect fit. If you are replacing that front shaft look no further. Make it a woody.
Fits very well, I highly recommend Tom Woods.
Fit like a glove! Recommended!