TJ Front Drive Shaft
Front drive shaft for Jeep TJ or LJ. Does not fit Rubicon model.
TJ front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any TJ that is still running a stock drive shaft. TJ stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and 14+ years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's TJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep TJ front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
I have a 2001 TJ with a 6” lift and 35” tires. My old front driveshaft was too short for maximum deflection of my suspension. I measured my yoke centers and ordered my new Tom Woods driveshaft two days before Christmas. It was delivered 7 days after. It was packaged very well, came with great instructions and fit like a glove. This driveshaft is clearly made stronger than the OEM one. The welds look better, the shaft i heavier than the OEM and the U joints are thicker. The Tom Woods driveshaft cam with greasable U joints as well. Very much appreciated, Thank you so much!!!
Purchased a front driveshaft for my 98 TJ. Ordering was easy and delivery was very quick! Install went without a hitch.
Product is great and so is service. One of the best things is the follow up and concern that you were happy with the product and how it all worked for you. Thank you
excellent service excellent shaft would use again
Heavy duty, easy install, and no vibrations.