TJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep TJ or LJ. Does not fit Rubicon model. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator. May also require adjustable control arms to run smoothly.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep TJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT: If your length, with the slip yoke eliminator installed, is less than 16 1/2" you must select the S Spline option.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
I was surprised with how quick this shipped given that it's cut to length. Very impressive turnaround on a custom product. Pre-order questions were quickly answered with a quick phone call as the person I talked to was knowledgeable about the products. After installing the Jeep rides smooth, no driveline vibrations.
Great product, and huge thanks to TWDS for their fantastic help through every step of the process.
Great experience start to finish. I emailed with a few questions and received a response almost immediately. My order shipped within 24 hours and arrived within a few days. The drive shaft was packaged well. Included instructions were thorough and easy to follow. Install went well and drive shaft looks and performs great. I will definitely be a return customer and will recommend Tom Woods.
Great product but where do I find replacement cv joint parts. My cv ball is going out.
Expert staff! Gave a call and Tom Woods walked me through the measurement process. They have won my customer service and now I'm a lifelong customer.