TJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep TJ or LJ. Does not fit Rubicon model. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator. May also require adjustable control arms to run smoothly.
- 2" diameter .120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep TJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below. Shafts shorter than 16.5" need to be ordered with the S spline.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
I ordered the shaft on a Friday afternoon and it was delivered the following Thursday. The Jeep drove great once it was installed.
I could not have got my drivelines faster from my local shop. Ordered them on tuesday and they were at my door in washington on friday. Bolted right in and fit perfect. I will only use Tom Woods from now on!
Wanted to upgrade to a slip yoke eliminator, finely did it and top it off with a Tom Woods (Prefect fit ) Drive Shaft. And Thanks super fast service .
We were very happy with the quality part and fast easy service.
I can't believe how fast this custom order arrived on my door step(4 days from online order to doorstep). Install was a breeze and it fits perfectly. Will definitely use tom woods for any custom driveshaft I need in the future, customer for life.