TJ Rubicon Front Drive Shaft
Front drive shaft for Jeep TJ or LJ Rubicon. Only fits Rubicon model. The difference between a Rubicon and standard TJ is that the Rubicon uses 1330 series joints and components.
TJ Rubicon front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any TJ Rubicon that is still running a stock drive shaft. TJ Rubicon stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and 14+ years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's TJ Rubicon drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Very good people to do business with, very friendly and helpful. Had an order damaged by shipper, they quickly sent me a new part and arranged for a return of the damaged one at their expense. Latter I needed another part, again very quick shipping; and when I later had a question, they were very
helpful in answering my questions. A real delight to do business with this company.
I found what I needed on Tom Woods' website: 1330 CV front driveshaft. I spec'd this order for my 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a 4" lift, and made a measurement from yoke to yoke just to be sure. It measured 38.5". The driveshaft bolted in with ease, and looks like the nicest piece of metal on my Jeep.
2nd driveshaft from Tom Woods. Perfect bolt in, and quality components.
I now have two of their shafts on my rig, they're both great quality and hold up well. They always ship quickly and can later adjust the shafts if anything changes.
Excellent quality, perfect fit, very happy!