TJ Rubicon CV Rear Drive Shaft
Rear drive shaft for Jeep TJ or LJ. Only fits Rubicon model.
TJ Rubicon rear drive shaft vibrations are virtually guaranteed on any TJ rubicon with 2" of lift or more. Because these shafts are so short, every 1" of lift adds nearly 4° of angle to the drive shaft! All that added angle will cause Rubicon stock rear drive shafts to shudder and vibrate. The solution is to run a double cardan (also know as a CV) drive shaft. This will smooth out the power flow by splitting the angle between multiple joints. In order for this type of shaft to work correctly however, you may need to adjust the angle of your rear pinion. Click the link below for more details about proper pinion angle.
Key product features
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Attaches to transfer case using a steel socket flange, strongest on the market.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
- Standard wheelbase TJ Rubicons come with the S spline. Long wheelbase LJ Rubicons have the option of the longer X spline.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
My mind's blown. Had a problem with my tom wood driveshaft I just installed (COMPLETELY my fault, I made a measurement error, shaft was still useable but just a bit to long)....I sent them an email and got a response and a phone call back that night! Way after hours, which I was very thankful for.
Shawn and Jon communicated perfectly to get my problem solved. Not only did they help me figure what I did wrong, but they decided to send me a new correct length shaft, free of charge, and paid shipping to send my incorrect one back.
I asked to compensate them for their troubles, and shipping, and they wouldn't hear of it. They said they understand mistakes happen, and that they were more than happy to do it for me.
I mean that's customer service. The shop was closed for like 2 hours when I emailed, but Shawn happened to still be there when I emailed and instead of just waiting till tomorrow to get back to me, and going home....he emailed and called me that night. And they corrected my mistake free of charge, and in a way that kept my Jeep from being down.
While my shaft is a bit long, it's still useable for daily driving. So I've gotten a handful of miles out of it...and I can tell how much smoother it is than the stock shaft.
Build quality is excellent, instructions are on point. Even the new bolts already come with threadlocker on them. I even got a tool to grease the joints free of charge.
I don't know what else I can say. They create an elite product and back it up with elite service.
Even IF a person found a cheaper shaft of the same quality somewhere else....I doubt you're beating their customer service.
Thanks again to everyone at Tom Wood's shafts!!!
Fitment was perfect difference from the the stock shaft to the Tom Woods is day and night no noise or vibration at all totally satisfied.. Five star recommend it to anyone ....