YJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep YJ. Double cardan type, also know as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Key product features
- 2" diameter .120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Your choice of spline and slip yoke options, more about that here.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep YJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT The '87-'93 model YJs use a 1310 series yoke at the axle. '94 and '95 models used a wider 1330 series joint. Please select the correct year for your Jeep in the drop down menu.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
After waiting on the custom built drive shaft over a week due to shipping delays. I realized that the "strap-yoke"wouldn't bolt to the cv u-joint coupler. Ordered a "CV" style yoke for an NP205 and it fit like a glove. I plan on putting it though a good test this weekend and will update my review afterwards.
Couldn't be happier with this driveshaft. Definitely took care of vibration issues . Really quick shipping for a custom order and Great customer support. A+++ experience.
The strength, fit, balance, & attention to detail from Tom Wood's Driveshafts is impeccable. I've ordered several. This one was actually my second rear shaft for this jeep because I went a little higher in lift and the difference in length was about 2 inches longer. Will definitely be ordering more in the future. I never go anywhere without my woody! #TeamWoody!
Don’t forget your stickers
Ordered driveshaft as per instructions on website.
Driveshaft arrived and was a perfect fit and have no more vibrations at any speed.
More than happy with product .
I highly recommend Tom woods .