The TeraFlex NP231 Extreme Short Shaft Kit is just what you need if you have a TJ with more than 4 inches of lift. If you have a skid plate that raises the transfer case count that as drivetrain lift. This kit is more than 3” shorter than a standard Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit and 1.5” shorter than an ATLAS II. That means your drive shaft ends up being longer which reduces the amount of operating angle on the drive shaft. Less angle means more down travel without binding the drive shaft and less wear and tear.
• Speedometer readings are transferred through a tone ring and electronic sensor.
• Requires a converter box to calibrate the speedometer.
• This kit must be used w/ a 1310 series CV style (double cardan) driveshaft.
• Fits NP231-J transfer cases only.
• Earlier, generally 1995 and newer, NP231 applications w/ mechanical speedometer cable require updating to an electronic speedometer.
Install Time: 5 Hours