TJ Front Drive Shaft
Front drive shaft for Jeep TJ or LJ. Does not fit Rubicon model.
TJ front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any TJ that is still running a stock drive shaft. TJ stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and 14+ years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's TJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- 1310 series joints.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Your choice of spline and slip yoke options, more about that here.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep TJ front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Went great just like the first one. Fast shipping with quality parts and construction. Tom answered questions about my specific application with knowledgeable expertise. Glad to have a front DS to match the tom woods rear.
Everything looks and fit great, I am very happy with the quality.
What else is there to say, great product I got it in 3 days after my order was process. Ready to test it out at Jeep Jamboree!
The shaft on my new to me Jeep TJ had seen better days. Ordered a new shaft from Tom Woods. Reasonable price, fits as it should, no vibration and so far it works as I expected.
Great product, great knowledge, and very fast turn around.