TJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep TJ or LJ. Does not fit Rubicon model. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator. May also require adjustable control arms to run smoothly.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep TJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT: If your length, with the slip yoke eliminator installed, is less than 16 1/2" you must select the S Spline option.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Fit perfectly, and looks like it will stand up to everything I can throw at it. Had it in hand in only a few days.
My son's TJ had the Cardon joint go out in the front so we replaced with a Tom Woods. Turns out the transfer case had detonated the bearings. We replaced the t-case and the rear drive shaft as well. Both drive shafts are working great so far. It's amazing how fast TW gets their driveshafts out the door. Much appreciated!!
You guys never disappoint. Your driveshafts are always spot on. Thank you for the continued top quality products.
I’ve been using A Tom Woods shaft ever since I lifted my first CJ -7. The quality is outstanding and the service is second to none! Can’t beat the warranty either!! Thank you!
Had some vibration in my 2006 tj a couple of buddies recommended a sje and a tom woods drive shaft. Put the sje took a measurement and two days later the drive shaft was on its way to me! Great product, fast turnaround thanks!