TJ Rubicon CV Rear Drive Shaft
Rear drive shaft for Jeep TJ or LJ. Only fits Rubicon model.
TJ Rubicon rear drive shaft vibrations are virtually guaranteed on any TJ rubicon with 2" of lift or more. Because these shafts are so short, every 1" of lift adds nearly 4° of angle to the drive shaft! All that added angle will cause Rubicon stock rear drive shafts to shudder and vibrate. The solution is to run a double cardan (also know as a CV) drive shaft. This will smooth out the power flow by splitting the angle between multiple joints. In order for this type of shaft to work correctly however, you may need to adjust the angle of your rear pinion using adjustable control arms. Click the link below for more details about proper pinion angle.
Key product features
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Attaches to transfer case using a steel socket flange, strongest on the market.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
- Standard wheelbase TJ Rubicons come with the S spline. Long wheelbase LJ Rubicons have the option of the longer X spline.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to install the drive shaft.
With a 4” lift and tummy tuck on my TJ Rubicon, I needed a new rear driveshaft. I ordered a custom length, and it fit perfect! Thank you Tom Woods!! P.S. love the decals!
Driveshaft arrived quickly, perfect fit and resolved all vibration caused by recent lift kit install
Made my 06 ride so much better. I’m going to order the front one now. I’m
Impressed. Great customer service and fast shipping.
Have a 04 TJ Standard two door Rubicon. Lifted it 3”. 265 BFG All Terrains now. Will be going to 285s soon. No engine trans mount lowering to preserve belly clearance. Had a stock driveshaft and the expected vibration. I already was aware of Tom Woods so placed an order. I knew I was going to need it. My shaft was 16 1/16” measured. Took out the old shaft. Cleaned up the vibration damper and repainted and the same at the rear diff. Got the new Tom Woods shaft with the HD constant velocity u joint and all greaseable joints up there with one arm while I started the bolts. Used the Tom Woods new saddle straps and bolts. Torqued everything down and greased it some over and above what it came with. Gave the Rubi a test run and its nice and smooth as expected. Also my rear axle is about perfectly aimed at the T Case output. I couldnt be happier. Great welding and fab work. Top grade components. Made in USA and they threw in so stickers too. Liked that.
Absolutely took all the vibration and noise from the rear-end of the Jeep easy install, Going to up grade the front as well soon.