JL Wrangler Front Drive Shaft
Jeep JL front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JL Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch video below). JL drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JL drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). This shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1350 series JL front shaft comes with the required output yoke for transfer case and will bolt directly to your stock pinion flange.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this yoke which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new double cardan bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep JL front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
Best driveshaft on the market
This was my first time ordering a Tom Woods driveshaft. Shipped 24hrs after ordering. Perfect fit, quality product. From the “Beefiness” of this driveshaft probably will be ordering a rear driveshaft in the near future.
This is my 3rd Driveshaft from Tom Woods. I have a Front/rear on my TJ and now a front on the JLU. Not only does Tom Woods sell an amazing product but they also have great customer service, stand behind their product, and in my experience ship the next business day. I'll definitely be buying thr rear for the JLU when the time comes.