YJ Front Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Front drive shaft for Jeep YJ. Double cardan type, also know as a CV. This shaft is best for applications where the front shaft cannot be disengaged and is spinning all the time. Requires a CV compatible yoke on the transfer case. Shaft is not to be used with shackle reversal spring setups. If you have a shackle reversal, call us.
Key product features
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep YJ front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
I’ve purchased two custom drive shafts here over the years for my 87 YJ with a 318 swap. Both were a perfect fit and the quality is far better than stock.
Ordering custom drive shafts always makes me nervous, not because I don't trust the manufacturer, but because I'm nervous about getting measurements wrong or misjudged the type of U-joint or something. Tom Woods made the process easy and the resulting drive shaft was phenomenal. The build quality is second to none! I ordered both a front and rear drive shaft for the YJ I am restoring and also doing an LS conversion. These shafts are much, much beefier than the stock units. I did a Slip Yoke eliminator on the new transfer case and I removed the vacuum lock front axle disconnect and used the solid axle shafts from Ten. There is no lift kit (stock springs), but I am using HD shackles that raise the geometry about 1". With these upgrades, I opted for the CV shafts for both the front and rear. Installation was smooth and everything fit perfect with plenty of travel in both directions. I am confident that the XB boots will last a long time and keep the slip splines clean and operational. Overall, I couldn't be happier with the quality of the product, ease of ordering, and speediness of shipping. These guys are fantastic!!