YJ Front Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Front drive shaft for Jeep YJ. Double cardan type, also know as a CV. This shaft is best for applications where the front shaft cannot be disengaged and is spinning all the time. Requires a CV compatible yoke on the transfer case. Shaft is not to be used with shackle reversal spring setups. If you have a shackle reversal, call us.
Key product features
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep YJ front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
I ordered this driveline for my jeep on a Monday any it was at my door on Thursday and went in perfect!!10/10 will buy again
Replaced worn out front drive shaft. Tom woods recommend the double cardan joint with a live front axle. It was slick to install and the horrible vibration went away. So far quite happy with it
Really happy with my yj front drive shaft, to bad I waited to long and I had to replace a transfer case because my old drive shaft slipped out the yolk🥲
Great product!! I will only use Tom Woods driveshafts. Fit perfect in my 90 YJ with a 4” lift. Product is way stronger than the stock front shaft and eliminated all vibration. I am truly satisfied with the service. The shaft was delivered to me in canada in less then 1 week from the time of placing the order
I will only order from them great people