YJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep YJ. Double cardan type, also know as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Key product features
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep YJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT The '87-'93 model YJs use a 1310 series yoke at the axle. '94 and '95 models used a wider 1330 series joint. Please select the correct year for your Jeep in the drop down menu.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Very happy with my drive line fit perfect. Very happy with how fast they got it built and shipped out will buy from them again
Fit right in
Used all the information on their website to set pinion angle and get the length for my YJ double cardan drive shaft. Had a question, called the shop and got an answer in about 30 seconds. Got my new driveshaft in the mail and installed it. It’s everything I read about in the magazines. Quick, easy install, great part. At some point I’ll get a front driveshaft.
I will start by saying Shawn was very helpful during this entire process. The shaft arrived within the timeframe quoted. The cost is comparable to other manufacturers that produce a similar product. The quality is where they exceed all others, very nice clean welds, quality components and a perfect fit in my custom built YJ. Will gladly buy another shaft from this organization on my next build project.
Fit perfect, came well packed and looks great. Git it a couple days faster than I expected..