Slip Yoke Eliminator (SYE) Kit for Jeep TJ, YJ, and XJ
- Jeep TJ Wrangler (1997-2006)
- Jeep YJ Wrangler (1987-1996)
- Jeep XJ Cherokee (1984-2001)
- A slip yoke eliminator kit (SYE) is a must-have for any Jeep that has been lifted. When you lift your Jeep, the angle of the rear driveshaft increases. This can cause driveline vibrations and premature wear. A slip yoke eliminator kit eliminates the slip yoke from the transfer case, which allows you to run a double cardan (cv) style rear drive shaft.
- A slip yoke eliminator kit also improves driveline performance. By reducing the length of the transfer case tail shaft, a slip yoke eliminator kit allows for a longer rear driveshaft. It also reduces the angle of the rear driveshaft and prevents vibrations and wear. This results in improved driveline performance, especially on or off-road.
- A slip yoke eliminator kit is easy to install. Most kits can be installed in a few hours with basic hand tools.
Choose the Right Kit for Your Jeep:
There are two different brands of slip yoke eliminator kits available for Jeep TJ, YJ, and XJ: Advance Adapters and Teraflex. Both kits are essentially the same design, but there are some minor differences between the two. We only carry these two brands because they are both reputable companies who manufacture high quality products. We believe Advance Adapters to be the best SYE on the market. Advance Adapters pioneered the design of this SYE
If you have upgraded axles and want to run a 1350 series rear drive shaft, you may want to consider our Super Duty SYE. Call for more details.
Watch the Advance Adapters SYE installation video below. Download the instructions for the Advance Adapters kit here: INSTRUCTIONS
Excellent to do business with. Top notch in everything they do.
Service was great. Really fast delivery. Installation was easy. All vibrations are gone. I couldn’t be happier with this mod on 2001 XJ with 4.5” lift. Also got driveshaft and it was great as well.
Great parts easy install great instructions.
I have a 1994 YJ and this transfer case had needle bearings that had to be pressed out, once the transfer case is out of the Jeep, smooth sailing after watching the how to video on the website, now it’s mated to a Tom Woods double cardan drive shaft, works well. This is also a good time to swap out the speedometer gear if one decides to change their tire size
Always great service and fast delivery from Tom Woods! The AA SYE installed without any problems on my 2000 Wrangler. Will be ordering a driveshaft soon!