Land Rover Multiple Double Cardan Front Drive Shaft
For land rover Discovery I, Discovery II, and Defender. The multiple double cardan shaft is a shaft with a double cardan (aka CV) on each end of the shaft. This is used when proper geometry for a conventional double cardan cannot be achieved due to lift height or other reasons. This is usually the case on vehicles with more than 3 inches of lift, especially on a Discovery II with more than 3 inches of lift. The multiple double cardan is only recommended if you have a big lift, bad angles, and the drive shaft is spinning all the time. It is also only applicable to front drive shafts. For a better understanding of all this you can watch the video embedded at the bottom of this page. Please watch the video before deciding which type of shaft to order.
Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- 1310 series joints.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball. This is an important one. Because of the proximity to the heat of the catalytic converter, regular greasing is a must.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Bolts directly to your stock transfer case and differential flanges.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.