Slip Yoke Eliminator kit for the 242J transfer case. This will work with either the early or late model NP242J transfer case as long as it is the type that uses the stock 27 spline rear output shaft. It will not work on the 242HD transfer cases that came stock with a 32 spline rear output shaft. If you have the 242HD transfer case you should look at our 242HD-SYE. It comes with a 1310 series double cardan (cv) compatible yoke. Made for Tom Wood's by Advance Adapters.
Key product features
- New output shaft (not a hack and tap).
- Increases the strength of your rear output shaft.
- Made in the USA
- Uses standard type output yoke. Does not require a specially machined and shortened yoke or flange.
- Maintains the stock speedometer housing.
- Shortens the output shaft of by nearly 4 inches.
- Comes with a hole in the housing for speedometer sensor and a plug if the hole is not needed.
Watch the 242 SYE installation video below.
I installed this kit about 2 years ago, very easy install have had no problems at all. Would buy again. Awesome company...
Kit worked great. directions were easy to follow. No need to remove transfer case. I did it in the vehicle
Great product and instructions. Easy to install. Would recommend to anyone!
My only issue was that the kit included parts that are not mentioned at all in the instructions, making you worry if you missed something. Also, they assume you know which side of the seal points faces out. Since it was much different than the installed seal, I didn't have a reference. I should have just researched it online instead of guessing...wrong.
Arrived extremely fast (2 days), great instructions, and high quality parts. Would buy again!