Spicer Style Flange for Transfer cases
New product alert! For a long time you Toyota guys have had two options when it comes to drive shafts. Modify a stock Toyota drive shaft or get a 1310 series shaft built for it. The problem with using Toyota OEM style drive shafts is that about the only good Toyota parts are the ones that come on the factory drive shafts, the aftermarket Toyota parts are generally low quality. There's only so many Toyota drive shafts in junk yards anymore and a lot of what you'll find in a junk yard is, well, junk. We have always been able to build shafts for most Toyota applications using Spicer style 1310 series components. We still can build shaft this way, to bolt directly to your stock flanges. The possible problem with this is that 1310 series is comparable to the smaller of the two stock Toyota u-joint sizes but it is not an upgrade in terms of strength and in some cases is actually a bit of a downgrade. We see more and more Toyotas running dual cases, upgraded motors, and big tires. For these applications 1310 just isn't quite as strong as we'd like it to be. Which brings us to this flange. Think of it as the triple drilled flange that has long been available for a Toyota transfer case but in this case it is a nearly "universal" flange for 1300 series American style components. This flange will allow you to run a drive shaft in 1310 series, 1330 series, or 1350 series, single joint or double cardan! Converting things over to the American style components means you will be able to easily have a drive shaft made to fit from just about any drive shaft shop (We're the first choice, obviously), and if you ever need to find replacement parts they are easy to find and readily available. Plus, if you are one of the people who are running big tires and dual cases you can finally upgrade to 1350 series and stop breaking drive shafts! While you're here check out our pinion flange and our 1350 series Toyota drive shafts.
Key Product Features:
- Converts your Toyota pinion to fit American drive shaft components which are much more common, easier to find, and can be built just about anywhere.
- Will work with 1310, 1330, and 1350 series drive shafts. Giving you way more options than you have with Toyota style flanges.
- Allows you to upgrade to 1350 series drive shafts which is necessary if you have dual cases, high horsepower, big tires, a habit of breaking things, or all of the above.
- 27 spline and 30 spline options available. In general, 27 spline flanges fit older gear driven transfer cases and 30 spline flanges fit newer chain driven cases. Count your spines to be sure!
- The 27 spline option has a 2" diameter centering pilot with 2.5" x 2.5" square and 3" x 3" square threaded bolt patterns. The 30 spline option only has the 3" x 3" bolt pattern.
- Due to clearance issues caused by the shift linkage on the front of the case this item will only work on the rear of the transfer case. The rear shaft is the primary drive shaft though and sees the most use and abuse so it makes perfect sense to run a 1350 rear and a 1310 front.