Spicer Style Flange for Toyota Pinions and Differentials
New product alert! For a long time you Toyota guys have had two options when it comes to drive shafts. Modify a stock Toyota drive shaft or get a 1310 series shaft built for it. The problem with using Toyota OEM style drive shafts is that about the only good Toyota parts are the ones that come on the factory drive shafts, the aftermarket Toyota parts are generally low quality. There's only so many Toyota drive shafts in junk yards anymore and they don't call them junk yards for no reason. We have always been able to build shafts for most Toyota applications using Spicer style 1310 series components. We still can build shaft this way, to bolt directly to your stock flanges. The possible problem with this is that 1310 series is comparable to the smaller of the two stock Toyota u-joint sizes but it is not an upgrade in terms of strength and in some cases is actually a bit of a downgrade. We see more and more Toyotas running dual cases, upgraded motors, and big tires. For these applications 1310 just isn't quite as strong as we'd like it to be. Which brings us to this flange. Think of it as the triple drilled flange that has long been available for a Toyota pinion but in this case it is a nearly "universal" flange for 1300 series American style components. This flange will allow you to run a drive shaft in 1310 series, 1330 series, or 1350 series! Converting things over to the American style components means you will be able to easily have a drive shaft made to fit from just about any drive shaft shop (We're the first choice, obviously), and if you ever need to find replacement parts they are easy to find and readily available. Plus, if you are one of the people who are running big tires and dual cases you can finally upgrade to 1350 series and stop breaking drive shafts! Toyota pinion shafts with have either 27 or 29 splines, select which one you need in the dropdown below. While you're here check out our transfer case flange and our 1350 series Toyota drive shafts.
Key Product Features:
- Converts your Toyota pinion to fit American drive shaft components which are much more common, easier to find, and can be built just about anywhere.
- Will work with 1310, 1330, and 1350 series drive shafts. Giving you way more options than you have with Toyota style flanges.
- Allows you to upgrade to 1350 series drive shafts which is necessary if you have dual cases, high horsepower, big tires, a habit of breaking things, or all of the above.
- Available for both 27 spline and 29 spline Toyota pinions.
- Has a 2" diameter centering pilot with 2.5" x 2.5" square and 3" x 3" square threaded bolt patterns.
Got the flange for a 1978 Hilux with a 27 spline pinion and it fit the splines and seal great, and even came with bolts! Couldn't be happier.