Drive shaft for Ford 8.8 swap
Ford 8.8 axles are a common upgrade for the Jeep YJ, TJ, and XJ. Most people who do the 8.8 swap will tell us that they already have the "adapter". The so-called adapter is what we would call a flange yoke and is something that should be treated as part of the drive shaft. Here's why. The drive shaft needs to be built and balanced as a complete assembly, with all drive shaft parts installed. If you add parts to the shaft after it is balanced, you will likely have a high speed vibration problem. This could be because the flange yoke is slightly heavier on one side than the other, or that it is machined slightly off-center which in turn puts the entire drive shaft off-center, thus causing a vibration. We can and do build drive shafts for 8.8 swaps that include the correct flange yoke. Your Ford 8.8 pinion flange might have one of two bolt patterns, measure what you have and select the correct option in the drop down menu. If you have questions about any of this, give us a call!
Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
- Will bolt directly to your 8.8 pinion flange.
- 2" diameter .120 wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Just make sure you measure the length and the bolt pattern as shown in the product photos.
Beautiful driveshaft. No vibrations, perfect length. Great customer service and quick shipping. Definitely recommend and will use again. Thanks.
I recently replaced the driveshaft on my 93 YJ that has a SOA suspension lift .... It was a very simple process after sending specific measurements explained on their web sight ... I received the driveshaft promptly .... bolted it in and it works flawlessly .... THANK YOU !!! To the staff at TOM WOODS !!!
Great driveline. Easily lubricated. All drivelines should be built this way. Well balanced with no vibration.
Fast service and a awesome product
No vibration whatsoever perfect fit balance great would buy again if needed