Chevy Front Drive Shaft
Front shaft for Chevy trucks with a stock solid front axle, non-IFS. This shaft will fit nearly any GM or Chevy application which uses a factory style flat flange on the transfer case and a factory size 1310 series u-joint on the front axle. This includes most Chevy Suburban, Chevy Blazer, GMC Jimmy, Chevy K5, Chevy K10, Chevy K20, and Chevy K30 trucks.
Chevy started switching to independent front suspension (IFS) between 1988 and 1992. If you have an IFS truck you will need something different. If you have something different, have more than a few inches of lift, have a shackle reversal, or currently have any problems due to angle or strength of your existing shaft give us a call.
This shaft is a huge improvement over the stock shafts, which use outdated/obsolete 3R or Saginaw components. The old Saginaw CVs don't flex very far and are hard to rebuild. Our 1310 series shaft will flex to 35 degrees maximum angle and can be run up to 22 degrees continuous angle. Learn how to measure these angles here. Chevy front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any truck that is still running a stock drive shaft. Chevy stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 1310 series components. This means more angle than the stock shaft and easier to replace parts.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Your choice of spline and slip yoke options, more on that here.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Chevy front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy.
Fit like a glove fast shipping and it looks pretty
Bolted right up, everything fit spot on
Wish it would have came with u bolts vs the strap style for the u joint cap
Saw yal from trail mater
Very professionaly made. Much better than stock. Fit perfect and arrived quickly. Truck is lifted with a big block and I’m confident this will outlast the truck.
Perfect fit, quality build, and prompt shipping. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for quality US built parts.