CJ Front Drive Shaft, Automatic Transmission
Upgraded Jeep CJ front drive shaft for Jeeps with automatic transmission or other clearance issues.
Shaft is not to be used with shackle reversal spring setups. If you have a shackle reversal, call us.
CJ front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any CJ that is still running a stock drive shaft. CJ stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and decades of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's CJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Shaft is built using narrow 1.25" diameter tube to enable clearance around transmission pan. Don't be fooled, this narrow tube is nothing like the narrow tube on your stock drive shaft. To add strength to this skinny tube, we use an extra heavy wall 0.188" thick DOM tubing. Key features listed below.
- 1.25" diameter 0.188" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger, stronger, and longer than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep CJ front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
Never go anywhere else for driveshafts, been doing business with Tom for over 20 years.
Best in the business!