CJ Front Drive Shaft, Manual Transmission
Front drive shaft for Jeep CJ with manual transmission. Shaft is built using 2" diameter DOM tube for maximum strength. The 2" tube is much stronger than the light duty 1.25" diameter tubing that the stock shafts used. Unless you have some sort of clearance issue, there is no reason not to upgrade to a stronger 2" tube.
Shaft is not to be used with shackle reversal spring setups. If you have a shackle reversal, call us.
CJ front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any CJ that is still running a stock drive shaft. CJ stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and decades of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's CJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep CJ front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
Fit perfect! Top of the line craftsmanship! Ordered on a Sunday and had them in my hands the following Thursday!
Couldn't be happier with my new drive shaft. The website made it easy to know what length measurement I needed to provide. My new driveshaft was completed in a couple of days and took less than a week from order to when I got it. It is very heavy duty and well built with high quality u-joints and fit perfectly. If I ever need a new rear drive shaft for my jeep, I will definitely order one from Woods.