Toyota FJ Cruiser Rear Drive Shaft
If your Toyota FJ Cruiser is not significantly lifted and you are not experiencing vibrations due to increased angles, this is the shaft for you. A great option for replacing the old worn out stock drive shaft with something that is upgraded without departing from the stock design which uses a single u-joint at each end. For lifted vehicles with drive shaft vibration problems take a look at our double cardan drive shaft.
This is a rear shaft only and can be made any length you need from 35" to 50" long. If you are looking for a front shaft look here. If you are looking for a different type or different length shaft, check out our Toyota drive shaft collection. If you still can't find exactly what you are looking for, give us a call.
Toyota drive shaft lengths vary. In our experience there is no single standard length. To ensure that you get the right thing you will need to take a measurement before ordering your drive shaft. You need to measure the distance from your transfer case flange to your differential flange.
Key product features
- Uses 1310 series universal joints. These are the most common size of u-joint there is. Replacement joints are much easier to find than stock Toyota style joints.
- Shaft uses 2.5" diameter .083" wall DOM steel tubing. Better quality tubing than stock Toyota shafts use.
- Can be built using our greaseable Goldseal universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Includes 8 new 10mm bolts and nuts which may be required at either end of the shaft.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to your custom length and specifications. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
If you have any questions give us a call.
Watch this video for a demonstration on measuring. The vehicle in the video is a Tacoma but the concept is the same for any Toyota.
Driveshaft showed up exactly as expected and within just a couple days of ordering, which is insane considering it's a custom made part that came from across the country. Bolted up and works exactly as expected. Installed in an FJ Cruiser with dual transfer cases.