Excursion Double Cardan Rear Drive Shaft
If you've lifted your Ford Excursion you are probably experiencing vibrations that weren't there before. This is because the lift has changed the angles of the drive shaft. The solution is to upgrade to a double cardan rear drive shaft. This design operates much more smoothly at those increased angles.
Ford is notoriously inconsistent with the parts they used in stock vehicles so we need a couple measurements to build this shaft. You will need to measure the length and measure the flange patterns at the transfer case and rear axle flanges. Refer to the photos on this page for guidance. If you have something other than the options listed you will need to call us for more information or to order. 801-737-0757
We offer two sizes of shaft, in terms of size and strength of the components. The most common is the 1350 series shaft. However, if you have a diesel engine, very large tires, or plan on doing heavy towing with your Excursion you will need the 1410 series shaft. The 1410 series shaft will require and come with pass-through bolts, nuts, and lock-washers.
- Double Cardan design is an upgrade which will alleviate angle related vibrations on lifted vehicles.
- Your choice of greaseable or non-greaseable joints. (1350 series only)
- Built using either .083" wall DOM tube which is lighter and smoother at high speeds, or .120" wall DOM tube for extra dent resistance for serious off-roading.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Choose between the standard 1350 series shaft or the bigger and stronger 1410 series shaft for vehicles with high torque and heavy use.