ZJ or WJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for either the Jeep ZJ or WJ Grand Cherokee. Double cardan type shaft, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2.5" diameter 0.083" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep Grand Cherokee rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT You must also measure the joint size where the shaft attaches to the rear axle. There are two possible joint sizes. Select the size that fits your yoke.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
This will be the 4th drive shaft bought from Tom Woods, I have never had any issues with them or their products. I am currently chasing a vibration issue in my jeep, they were great when I called in to speak with them to ask for some technical assistance and gave me as much help as possible.
Drive shaft fits great! no more vibration from being out of balance very Happy.
Very nicely packaged, great product. Fit perfectly.