Slip Yoke Eliminator (SYE) Kit for Jeep TJ, YJ, and XJ
- Jeep TJ Wrangler (1997-2006)
- Jeep YJ Wrangler (1987-1996)
- Jeep XJ Cherokee (1984-2001)
- A slip yoke eliminator kit (SYE) is a must-have for any Jeep that has been lifted. When you lift your Jeep, the angle of the rear driveshaft increases. This can cause driveline vibrations and premature wear. A slip yoke eliminator kit eliminates the slip yoke from the transfer case, which allows you to run a double cardan (cv) style rear drive shaft.
- A slip yoke eliminator kit also improves driveline performance. By reducing the length of the transfer case tail shaft, a slip yoke eliminator kit allows for a longer rear driveshaft. It also reduces the angle of the rear driveshaft and prevents vibrations and wear. This results in improved driveline performance, especially on or off-road.
- A slip yoke eliminator kit is easy to install. Most kits can be installed in a few hours with basic hand tools.
Choose the Right Kit for Your Jeep:
There are two different brands of slip yoke eliminator kits available for Jeep TJ, YJ, and XJ: Advance Adapters and Teraflex. Both kits are essentially the same design, but there are some minor differences between the two. We only carry these two brands because they are both reputable companies who manufacture high quality products. We believe Advance Adapters to be the best SYE on the market. Advance Adapters pioneered the design of this SYE
If you have upgraded axles and want to run a 1350 series rear drive shaft, you may want to consider our Super Duty SYE. Call for more details.
Watch the Advance Adapters SYE installation video below. Download the instructions for the Advance Adapters kit here: INSTRUCTIONS
Always great service and fast delivery from Tom Woods! The AA SYE installed without any problems on my 2000 Wrangler. Will be ordering a driveshaft soon!
Complete kit with high quality parts. Full printed instructions as well as a video covering entire process
Installed on 01 XJ with 3” lift. No issues with install. Huge improvement in rear drive angle. Still may need to shim leaf springs. Ended up using stock front drive shaft for rear. Once I re gear to make up for bigger tires I’ll probably look into new shafts but for now it’s great. No more clunking and vibes.
Easy to install as long as you have proper tools.
Holds up under use. All parts present upon shipping. Love the support from Tom Woods. Thanks again guys!
I'm a newbie to working on cars with very little experience but lots of determination. That being said, it was a great experience doing this on my own. Using the wealth of resources on the Tom wood's website and doing lots of research beforehand I was able to knock this out in a day. The SYE kit came very quickly and I was able to measure and get my driveshaft ordered by the evening that my SYE was installed. I went with Advance Adapters and so far it is working out great. Take advantage of all the articles and information given on the website. It helped me a ton and I'm very pleased with the results thus far.