Slip Yoke Eliminator (SYE) Kit for Jeep TJ, YJ, and XJ
- Jeep TJ Wrangler (1997-2006)
- Jeep YJ Wrangler (1987-1996)
- Jeep XJ Cherokee (1984-2001)
- A slip yoke eliminator kit (SYE) is a must-have for any Jeep that has been lifted. When you lift your Jeep, the angle of the rear driveshaft increases. This can cause driveline vibrations and premature wear. A slip yoke eliminator kit eliminates the slip yoke from the transfer case, which allows you to run a double cardan (cv) style rear drive shaft.
- A slip yoke eliminator kit also improves driveline performance. By reducing the length of the transfer case tail shaft, a slip yoke eliminator kit allows for a longer rear driveshaft. It also reduces the angle of the rear driveshaft and prevents vibrations and wear. This results in improved driveline performance, especially on or off-road.
- A slip yoke eliminator kit is easy to install. Most kits can be installed in a few hours with basic hand tools.
Choose the Right Kit for Your Jeep:
There are two different brands of slip yoke eliminator kits available for Jeep TJ, YJ, and XJ: Advance Adapters and Teraflex. Both kits are essentially the same design, but there are some minor differences between the two. We only carry these two brands because they are both reputable companies who manufacture high quality products. We believe Advance Adapters to be the best SYE on the market. Advance Adapters pioneered the design of this SYE
If you have a TJ Wrangler or a YJ Wrangler with more than 4 inches of lift and/or a raised transfer case, you may want to consider a Teraflex Extreme Short SYE.
If you have upgraded axles and want to run a 1350 series rear drive shaft, you may want to consider our Super Duty SYE. Call for more details.
Watch the Advance Adapters SYE installation video below. Download the instructions for the Advance Adapters kit here: INSTRUCTIONS
I ordered this kit it came fast started to put it on had some questions called customer service and Shawn was amazing helped me out got my questions answered fast I was missing some bolts not sure if it wasn’t sent or i misplaced them but they got a set sent out that day no questions asked… highly recommend this company for quality and more importantly wonderful customer service I will definitely be coming back to Tom woods for all my driveshaft needs in the future!
This was a straight-forward, but involved, swap. There are tons of YouTube videos showing the process as well as ones Tom Wood's has produced. If your vehicle has high miles, like mine, expect to find worn-out shift arm pads when you open it up. I would recommend checking the length, and trimming if necessary, the shaft for the shifting mechanism before the instructions mention it after the case is back together. I'd be kinda pissed if I wasn't aware of that requirement prior to that point in the process. I'm completely satisfied with the product and service received from Tom Wood's.
This modification, coupled with the double-cardan drive shaft, made a world of difference. No more vibrations.
Order my sye kit from Tom Woods. Kit shipped fast and install was easy. After in stall I ordered my double cardan drive shaft, and it came in fast and to the measurements I gave them. Thank Tom Woods!
Product fit very well, just waiting on the driveshaft to come in to test it out.
Quick, painless, and rides much smoother now. Didn’t need to take the TC out.