TJ Rubicon CV Rear Drive Shaft
Rear drive shaft for Jeep TJ or LJ. Only fits Rubicon model.
TJ Rubicon rear drive shaft vibrations are virtually guaranteed on any TJ Rubicon with 2" of lift or more. Because these shafts are so short, every 1" of lift adds nearly 4° of angle to the drive shaft! All that added angle will cause Rubicon stock rear drive shafts to shudder and vibrate. The solution is to run a double cardan (also know as a CV) drive shaft. This will smooth out the power flow by splitting the angle between multiple joints. In order for this type of shaft to work correctly however, you may need to adjust the angle of your rear pinion using adjustable control arms. Click the link below for more details about proper pinion angle.
Key product features
- 3" diameter USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Attaches to transfer case using a steel socket flange, strongest on the market.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
- Standard wheelbase TJ Rubicons come with the S spline. Long wheelbase LJ Rubicons have the option of the longer X spline.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to install the drive shaft.
I'm very pleased with my purchase. The drive shaft I got for my 2006 Rubicon with a 4" lift was spot on. No more vibration, thanks for a great product.
I have bought several drive shafts from Tom Woods over the years and i have not been disapointed with any one of the the prices are good and the quality is Great I will continue to purchase products from them in the future when needed.
1 bad u joint
A great product and definitely an upgrade over the stock shaft and joints. Installed a 3-1/2” MC short arm lift and a UCF high clearance tummy tuck on my 2006 LJ Rubicon. Afterwards it had a slight vibration. I ordered the Woods shaft and had it in a matter of days. Bolted right up and instantly the vibration went away. Definitely give Tom Woods Driveshafts two thumbs up.
I always wanted to upgrade both front and rear driveshafts on my 1968 Bronco but never got around to it. No so with my Jeep Rubicon. I’ve got a 3” suspension lift and a 1” body lift, and that rear driveshaft needed a stout upgrade, and Tom Woods has the reputation and the performance to back it up. Very high quality product, quick turnaround, and great customer service. Example of the customer service, I also ordered the axle side straps and received the wrong product, but Josh, showing a great sense of humor, quickly made it right, and sent me, not one, but two of the required straps/bolts. Great company, great product.