TJ Rubicon CV Rear Drive Shaft
Rear drive shaft for Jeep TJ or LJ. Only fits Rubicon model.
TJ Rubicon rear drive shaft vibrations are virtually guaranteed on any TJ rubicon with 2" of lift or more. Because these shafts are so short, every 1" of lift adds nearly 4° of angle to the drive shaft! All that added angle will cause Rubicon stock rear drive shafts to shudder and vibrate. The solution is to run a double cardan (also know as a CV) drive shaft. This will smooth out the power flow by splitting the angle between multiple joints. In order for this type of shaft to work correctly however, you may need to adjust the angle of your rear pinion using adjustable control arms. Click the link below for more details about proper pinion angle.
Key product features
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Attaches to transfer case using a steel socket flange, strongest on the market.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
- Standard wheelbase TJ Rubicons come with the S spline. Long wheelbase LJ Rubicons have the option of the longer X spline.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to install the drive shaft.
Simple and easy order and the shaft was received quickly. Super high quality! I'm pleased in every way.
Excellent service, quick turn around. I would recommend using them for your driveline needs!
Excellent service and a perfect fit for my Rubicon transfer case swap in my TJ.
Perfect fit on my 04 Rubicon. Bolt on an go. Vibes gone.
I needed to replace a 14 year old cv rear drive shaft on my 04 Rubicon. I emailed the company due to my concern of a an aluminum spacer being used with the old cv drive shaft. A knowledgeable staff member quickly responded with a phone call and answered all my questions. (Tom Woods shaft eliminated the need for the spacer) A short time later I placed an internet order. After quickly receiving the drive shaft I installed it. All my drive shaft noise and vibration is gone. Look no further for probably the best customer service and drive shaft on the planet.