YJ Front Drive Shaft, Standard
Front drive shaft for Jeep YJ. For use with most YJs with manually locking hubs or other type of front axle disconnect. If your front axles cannot be disengaged see our double cardan style front shaft. Shaft is not to be used with shackle reversal spring setup. If you have a shackle reversal, call us.
YJ front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any YJ that is still running a stock drive shaft. YJ stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and 25+ years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's YJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components.
Key product features
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep YJ front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
I have not had time to install this drive shaft yet. I have the rear one installed and it is awesome so far I'm sure the front won't be just as good.