YJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep YJ. Double cardan type, also know as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Key product features
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep YJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT The '87-'93 model YJs use a 1310 series yoke at the axle. '94 and '95 models used a wider 1330 series joint. Please select the correct year for your Jeep in the drop down menu.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
awesome drive shaft looks great and functions exactly like advertised. I have been a customer for life after ordering my SYE kit from Tom Woods and got great customer service
Rear shaft fit perfect, nice welds and paint job. No vibrations and no problems. This is the second time I have used Tom Woods driveshafts for one of my custom builds. I will continue to use them in the future.
Very happy with my drive line fit perfect. Very happy with how fast they got it built and shipped out will buy from them again
Fit right in
Used all the information on their website to set pinion angle and get the length for my YJ double cardan drive shaft. Had a question, called the shop and got an answer in about 30 seconds. Got my new driveshaft in the mail and installed it. It’s everything I read about in the magazines. Quick, easy install, great part. At some point I’ll get a front driveshaft.