YJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep YJ. Double cardan type, also know as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Key product features
- 2" diameter .120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep YJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT The '87-'93 model YJs use a 1310 series yoke at the axle. '94 and '95 models used a wider 1330 series joint. Please select the correct year for your Jeep in the drop down menu.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
You did awesome on my wife’s driveshaft, won’t go anywhere else you guys are great. Thank you so much
The folks at Tom Woods are great! Needed a new driveshafts after a trans swap in a 1994 YJ to get her back on the road. Ordered and received in the same week! No issues! And the cost is very reasonable, especially considering the crazy times we live!
Thank You Tom Woods and company!
And Let's go Brandon!
Install was straight forward. Had a vibration around 60 mph with old driveshaft, vibration has gone away since installation of the Tom Wood's driveshaft. I do not have a wheeling trip planed until June so we shall see.
Couldn't be happier! Rear driveshaft fit my YJ perfectly. Finally have my little 4.8 swapped monster moving!
Will definitely hit you guys up when it's time to get the front shaft.
Worked great. Fixed my vibration problem. Probably the best 500 I've ever spent.