YJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep YJ. Double cardan type, also know as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Key product features
- 2" diameter .120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Your choice of spline and slip yoke options, more about that here.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep YJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT The '87-'93 model YJs use a 1310 series yoke at the axle. '94 and '95 models used a wider 1330 series joint. Please select the correct year for your Jeep in the drop down menu.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Great product. I really like that you can custom the size 19 1/2 inches and choose the spline you preferer. Also you can have it with a dust cover or not. Again, all around great driveshaft.
Looked at several different sites, some were cheaper some were more. this one has the best reputation and quality. installation was a breeze, included the necessary hardware, and it fit perfectly. don't skimp just start with the best.
Really appreciate how easy it was to order. The information on the web site is detailed and accurate.
The delivery was amazingly fast for a custom drive shaft. The fit is perfect.
Tom woods sells a great product supported by even better customer service. I made a mistake when I ordered and they were more than helpful to help me solve it.
Purchased for my 1995 jeep wrangler with a spring over Axle lift Fit great solved alot of vibration issues I was having Great Quality well worth the money