JK Front Drive Shaft, 1350 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1350 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and will bolt directly to your stock pinion flange.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this yoke which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new double cardan bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
IMPORTANT: If you have 37” tires or bigger and stock differential gears, or if you plan on extreme use, this 1350 series drive shaft is the right shaft for you.
I purchased this to replace the front drive shaft that began making noise after 30000 miles with a 2.5 lift and 37s on my 09 JKUR with 5.38 gears. I received the driveshaft quickly and ready to install. It install easily in the driveway. Looking forward to testing it out over Memorial day weekend. SO far seems to be well balanced and functioning properly. Would recommend this as a great replacement for a stock driveshaft.
Solid. Hard. And Sexy. Totally worth the money. Construction is heavy duty and clean. Can definitely tell this wasn't made on an assembly line. Outfitting all my wranglers.
This was a easy straight forward install. My interaction with they guys at the shop was great. I got everything I was looking for.
I ordered both front and rear end drive shaft easy to install easy to understand instructions and they included a tool to grease. Over all my jku is running noticeably smoother then the stock drive shaft. I can’t wait to go off-roading and really test it out
Fast shipping... Ordered a front shaft for my 2013 JKU. The beef of the double Cardan on the 1350 is amazing. Easy to install. I will be ordering a rear 1350 for my JKU in the near future as well. Shawn was very helpful and answered all my questions!