JK Front Drive Shaft, 1350 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1350 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and will bolt directly to your stock pinion flange.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this yoke which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new double cardan bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Look at the chart in the product photos to see if the 1350 series shaft is right for you.
Well built. Instructions were good. Balanced well no shakes or vibrations. Customer service is great
This drive shaft bolted on easy, does what it is supposed to do.
Super Cool, American made product.
Just gonna start with amazing customer service!! The shaft speaks for itself extremely rugged and well built! Easy to install and again very rugged! Can’t believe the difference it has made off-roading! Would and do recommend anyone looking to replace their shafts to order the Wood’s shafts! Absolutely awesome!!
Perfect driveshaft can’t complain
I was a little disappointed that the front pinion flange wasn’t included. It sticks out like a sore thumb now that everything is new. The videos that I watched it was included but mine didn’t come it. They also said it came with new pinion nuts and washers which mine did not. Seems like small things to include when you’re spending $1400+ on driveshafts.
The shafts themselves are incredible though