JK Rear Drive Shaft, 1350 Series
Jeep JK drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Just a few inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). This shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1350 series JK rear shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and the required pinion flange.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 3" diameter 0.083" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case flange and pinion flange. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with these necessary parts which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with all required attaching hardware.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
IMPORTANT If you have 35” tires or bigger and stock differential gears, or if you plan on extreme use, this 1350 series drive shaft is the right shaft for you.
stock shaft was shot.
bought new one from Tom Woods direct.
it was less than cost of stock, saved aprox $200 over ordering other places and had my guy put it in for les than $150.
i should of changed it sooner. so much less vibration even at low speed, i though it was the tires since those are shot.
but simple acceleration generally is smoother from stop to any speed.
i can beleve drive shaft makes that much diffrence.
went with 1350 even though i don't realy need it (yet) for what i do, this should out last the vehicle .
Install was nice and easy, except removing the factory crap. Haven't had a chance to abuse it yet. But I feel they're up to the task
I have ordered JK Rear Drive Shaft, 1350 Series based on many buyers suggestion. I do not know any of my friends have bought it before to be honest. The shaft is solid and strong.
Excellent product installed by an Excellent shop (WorldTour Offroad) in Annapolis, Maryland. Fast shipping, flawless duplicolor blue paint job. After I get a new D44 or 60 for the front, Ill be getting another shaft.
After twisting and destroying my 1310 driveshaft I decided to upgrade to the Woods 1350.. Install was good, torqued to spec and I have been driving around with no vibrations at all. Yet to hit a trail with it, but I have no doubt this shaft will get it done... Once they shipped it, got to Southern California with some of the paint still being wet. Lol. Thank you for the craftsmanship.