Jeep JKU Rear Drive Shaft, 1310 Series
Jeep JK drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Just a few inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). This shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1310 series JK rear shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and the required pinion flange.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 3" diameter 0.083" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke and pinion flange. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with these necessary parts which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new double cardan bolts with reduced head for ease of installation and all other required attaching hardware.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
IMPORTANT: If you have 35” tires or bigger and stock differential gears, you will need the larger 1350 series drive shaft.
Couldn’t be happier with my new drive shaft. They are as advertised, shipped super fast, even amid the COVID-19 pandemic, and install with perfect fit. I’d be grasper to find a negative, but if o had to say something, it would have been nicer to have better installation instructions which details the exact socket size you need. In my case I had to stop in the middle of the job to get the 1-5/16” thin wall socket needed for the stock D44 pinion nut. There are plenty of install videos available on the internet so it wasn’t the end of the world.
I've been running Tom Wood's driveshafts on my 72 Bronco for a while now and when I decided to upgrade the driveshafts on my Jeep there was no question on what I would go with. Quality product with a perfect fit and easy to install. Customer service is top notch and they stand behind their products. Highly recommend.
I have almost two years of off-road use of my Tom Woods 1310 drive shaft on my 2016 JKU Sport, with 2-1/2" Rock Krawler lift, 35x12.5 BFG KO2 tires. Mainly rock crawling on the Canadian Shield around Bobcaygeon and Minden Ontario Canada. Very happy with this setup. I do the grease job with every oil change.