XJ Front Drive Shaft
XJ front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any XJ that is still running a stock drive shaft. XJ stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and 19+ years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep XJ front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Ordered my drive shaft sunday night received it in 5 days.
Quality built to my specifications. And performs flawlessly. Had been dealing with drive line vibrations for months. Once installed all went away even at 80mph. 2000 xj 4:88 gears on 35s locked front and rear. Cant beat service,speed,price of a TomWoods shaft
Another Excellent driveshaft from Tom Woods. I've used their shafts in the pasts on other XJs and CJs. Won't order from anyone else anymore, the few times I"ve tried it's never worked out.
Perfect fit and super beefy front driveshaft for my jeep Comanche. Perfectly balanced, no more vibrations. Super fast shipping, maybe 5 days from the time that I ordered until it was under my jeep. Very satisfied with this product.
No brainer on what to purchase for replacement shaft for my 2000 XJ. Arrived within 6 total days including the weekend. For the additional $20 to get the X-spline and the Xb style slips shaft/boot was was worth the extra cost.
If you're debating on a Tom Woods shaft, just get it ordered.
Very impressed with the quality and speed. Bought it to replace the old unbalanced one and it is awesome. No more vibration!! Very impressed with the beefy slip shaft.