XJ Front Drive Shaft
XJ front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any XJ that is still running a stock drive shaft. XJ stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and 19+ years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep XJ front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Very impressed with the quality and speed. Bought it to replace the old unbalanced one and it is awesome. No more vibration!! Very impressed with the beefy slip shaft.
The new drive shaft fit perfect. The website was clear and easy to navigate , even for a 50 plus your old gray guy. The use of Quality Parts and professional fabrication are what you would expect when buying parts made in the USA
Its a nice driveshaft that's shipped fast for a great price.
You can read about the quality and care put into the shafts and know they are great, but the reality is even better. I didn't realise just how bad my old shafts were til I swapped in my new ones, night and day!
I sent a lengthy email describing my suspension setup and questioned the proper shaft for my situation. Shawn Wood replied with a detailed write up and provided his recommendations. This is exactly what customer service should be like. Shawn spent a considerable amount of time thinking about my questions and his reply. My new front drive shaft has 7k miles on it now. It fits great and runs smooth. My Woods custom rear shaft has 45k on it and I'm very happy with it too. My jeep is a daily driver. Driving a modified Jeep can be a pain at times. I want my Jeep to be dependable. That's why I went back to Woods for my front shaft. My shafts have been torcher tested for the last few months. I've been teaching my 15 yr old son to drive my 5 spd on the off-roads of West Virginia. Wood's Shafts have survived the beatings. I highly recommend.