Early Bronco Front Drive Shaft
Ford Bronco front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any Bronco that is still running a stock drive shaft. Early Bronco stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and decades of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Fits 1966-1977 Ford Broncos as long as they still have 1310 series yokes at each end. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- 1310 series joints.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Your choice of spline and slip yoke options, more about that here.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
This is the second drive shaft that I’ve bought from Tom for my Bronco. The first one was for the rear and is still going after almost 20 years. The new front d/s should last even longer. Excellent quality.
I've now ordered a couple of driveshafts/prop shafts and each time they've provided the best customer service, price and turn around I've experienced in the automotive parts aftermarket! They are tops notch, and the experts in the space. Thank you Tom Wood's!
great drive shafts highly recommend them
First class service and top notch product, definitely recommend buying from Tom’s
Bought the driveshaft for 78 front and it fit perfectly. The shipping was very fast and customer support was outstanding. Thanks!!!