Early Bronco Rear Drive Shaft
Ford Bronco rear drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any Bronco that is still running a stock drive shaft. Early Bronco stock drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and decades of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
This is my second driveshaft from Tom Woods. They are excellent to talk to and provide a great piece at an excellent price. Great turnaround time also.
My builder prefers to use the major Classic Bronco stores. Their drive shaft was $20 more had less improved modifications and freight is always sky-high with that store. I will be buying a front driveshaft from these guys next.
After reading the reviews it was a no-brainer, so I ordered a rear D/S for my 75 Bronco and received it shortly thereafter, as no surprise this shaft was built right and will probably outlast me, I will be ordering a new front shaft soon. And yes I will let everyone know my shaft is a woody.
Super product and extremely fast delivery!
I received my Tom Woods custom driveshaft for my 1974 Bronco project quickly. I noticed that this is one extremely well made product that I doubt I will break in my lifetime. Thanks for the speedy delivery and excellent product.