Early Bronco Rear Drive Shaft
Ford Bronco rear drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any Bronco that is still running a stock drive shaft. Early Bronco stock drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and decades of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Super product and extremely fast delivery!
I received my Tom Woods custom driveshaft for my 1974 Bronco project quickly. I noticed that this is one extremely well made product that I doubt I will break in my lifetime. Thanks for the speedy delivery and excellent product.
I purchased the front and rear drive shafts with the XB splines, greaseable joints, and boots. This is going in a fully restored drivetrain with a new Currie 9-inch with 31-spline, rebuilt Dana 44, Dana 20 tcase, new C4 tranny, and a new motor coming next. The plan was to put the strongest shafts in as made sense. I used the 1310 joints. These are quality shafts and I am very happy with them and the service from Tom Woods. In fact, they called me with very minor questions just to make sure I was aware of something and threw in extras free of charge. Awesome!
Driveshaft was great quality and fitment...highly recommended
I left a msg in the comment area to call before building to verify things, and they did just that. We spoke and discussed options and answered questions. Thank you Tom Woods staff.