JK Front Drive Shaft, 1350 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1350 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and the bolts directly to the stock pinion flange. If you don't have stock flanges at both the transfer case and axle currently this shaft may not work and you should call us for more information.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this part which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new double cardan bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Look at the chart in the photos for guidance on which series shaft is right for you.
Perfect fit outstanding value fast turn around will recommend to my buddies
Great turn around after entering data to the web site. Packaged well and arrived quickly. Install was easy and my vibration is gone. The 1350 is way beefier than stock. Thanks Tom Woods! I’ll be ordering the rear soon.
Toms woods for the win!! 1350 front & rear held up to everything I threw @ them dragged them over and that’s why my shaft is a Woody
This is definitely an upgrade from factory the shaft came in in less than a week. Looks and feels great no vibration at all super easy install
I would highly recommend this shaft. As with the rear driveshaft I really didn’t have much vibration before the install, and I have less vibration now. For reference my vehicle is a 2012 Jeep Wrangler sport with a Dana 44 crate axle, rock trac with a 2WD kit, and about 3” of lift. Super easy install, should be easy for anyone with standard hand tools.