JK Front Drive Shaft, 1350 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1350 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and the bolts directly to the stock pinion flange. If you don't have stock flanges at both the transfer case and axle currently this shaft may not work and you should call us for more information.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this part which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new double cardan bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Look at the chart in the photos for guidance on which series shaft is right for you.
Jk drive shaft 1350 custom, fast shipping and quality work! thanks again!!
Pros - Fast shipping, fits perfect and I have detected no vibration up to 80 mph.
Cons - Took a beating in shipping, especially around the double cardan area, maybe needs reenforced packing in that area. The carriers don’t care like they used too!
Will be ordering a rear soon! Thanks Tom Woods.
Jk front drive shaft 1350 custom, send the measures as recommended on your page and solved solution
Nice product a++++++++
It is everything that you expect. Quality and shipped immediately. I ordered on Sunday, received on Friday. Heavy duty
2013 Jeep JKUR. Installed front drive shaft with 1350 joints after installing lift kit. Installation was straight forward except for the replacement
yoke on the transfer case. Fitment of machined surfaces are making me question if I have the correct yoke and the machining of the bolt head side doesn't allow for a socket (tried multiple brands including snap-on, matco, and even the cheap brands) to fit on the bolt heads for proper
torqueing. I also tried multiple styles and brands of wrenches, both open end and boxed ends with no luck. I had to grind down a socket to get it to fit for proper torque. One would assume that with the reputation and quality of Tom Woods drive shafts that you would be able to properly install the product.