XJ Front Drive Shaft
XJ front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any XJ that is still running a stock drive shaft. XJ stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and 19+ years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- 1310 series joints
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Your choice of spline and slip yoke options, more about that here.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep XJ front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Currently running Tom Woods on front and rear of my Jeepspeed style XJ. Quality is excellent and customer service is exceptional. I’m a lifelong customer!
I measured as the video showed, ordered and the shaft was received in about a week. Fit perfectly and works perfectly!
Replaced both front and rear in my 99 xj. I ordered them a few months apart but shipping was quick for both orders. Quality seems good and will be a great upgrade from stock shafts. Everything about them appears to be much stronger looking than the stock shafts. Would buy again for other vehicles.
Ordered a Tom Woods Driveshaft for front and rear on my XJ after installing their 242 SYE kit. I measured for the new shafts, selected options from the website (x-spline, type of u-joints, etc.) and they were delivered to me within 3 days. Very high quality shafts - will definitely recommend to all my friends!
Measured just like they show and it was spot on! Quick turn around time!